In 2019/20 if you are (un)lucky I’ll be teaching you in your Queen’s University Belfast physics degrees via:
- Level 1 PHY1001 Foundation Physics 1 – You at at the left of this diagram
- Level 2 PHY2083 Astrophysics I – Starting at the Sun and working outward
- Level 2 Lab experiments – How hot is the Sun, or indeed the Universe? If you don’t know the Stefan-Boltzmann Law by the end of this experiment, give up physics.
- Level 3 PHY3003 Astrophysics II – We live in a big old galaxy, and this is how we understand it via the gravitational Poisson equation.
- Level 3 BSc projects – H-alpha imaging of the Solar chromosphere. Yes, it can be sunny in Belfast.
- Level 4 MSci projects – I’ve built a teaching observatory! Come and use it to study asteroids, globular clusters and anything else that takes my fancy.